Sunday, January 2, 2011

Come move in another dimension


This was the second ZONE strip I did. I was envisioning this as a half-page strip, I thought it might be easier to get into HEAVY-METAL using less page space.

"Come move in another dimension" was a line from Patti Smith's song AIN'T IT STRANGE, from her incredible second album RADIO ETHIOPIA. In fact, Patti and Lenny Kaye might actually be saying, "I move in another dimension". Either way those words just seemed to embody the feel I wanted from ZONE, a sense that we were traveling on a new frontier.

I was 24, making my way in the world far from home, becoming a vegetarian - and I was acutely aware of how much chemicals were a part of our daily life. Toxic or benign, we were moving away from the natural world.

No comments:

Post a Comment