Friday, May 20, 2011

Jeffrey Catherine Jones

Jeffrey Catherine Jones 1944 - 2011

This is a sad passing of energy. Jeffrey Jones was an incredibly gifted artist whose work was always inspiring and influential. His influence on ZONE was large. IDYL published in National Lampoon, and I'm AGE published in HEAVY METAL, were beautifully sketchy one page narratives espousing the profound, the profane or the pun.

I saw Jones only once, at a comic book convention years ago. Try as I might I can't recall if I spoke to him or just studied him visually from a distance. If I did say something it would have only been something like, I really like your work.

I did have the honor of introducing a very close friend to the work of Jeffery Jones, and now she has a Jones painting hanging in her dining room.

No comments:

Post a Comment