Saturday, September 17, 2011

TOXIC GUEST STAR


 Darren Auck - ink on paper - 7 1/2" x 10" - 2003

Okay, so I was walking from the garage to the studio in the Auck house and I looked down and saw ZONE on a piece of paper that was on top of a pile of books, comics, artwork, etc. and I go, "Hey, I can use that for the blog."

I had forgotten about this piece Darren had created for the October 2003  issue of CARTOON LOONACY.

This is supposed to be a blog about the history and Mystery of ZONE so I won't go into details about how Darren and I met in the fall of 1980 as we both started our studies at The Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art or how we immediately experienced a mind meld that has lasted over thirty years. He's family.

This piece of work features Darren's character PSYCHOTRONO and guest stars the toxic man-monster ZONE. There are several collaborations that the two of us have done over the years that feature our characters together sharing the spotlight and I'll post them as soon as I can dig them out of the vault.

No comments:

Post a Comment